Integrate with Slack
First, configure the Slack Extension for your Squadcast Organization. Once this is done, you will be able to create incidents directly from Slack and view them on Squadcast.
Create Incidents from Slack
In the Slack channel from which you want to create an incident in Squadcast, perform the following steps:
(1) Invoke the Squadcast Bot by calling out
(2) Once the bot is added, you will be able to take actions with respect to incidents directly from Slack
Using Slash Command in Slack
You can call out
/create_incident help to walk you through the process within your Slack channel to guide you through the process.
The command that is used to create an incident from Slack is:
/create_incident <Incident Message Text>
You can call the
/create_incident <Incident Message Text> command to create an incident from Slack.
This will then prompt a UI pop-up where you can fill in additional information such as:
- Impacted Service
- Incident Message
- Incident Description
This newly created incident will now show up immediately in the Slack channel and in Squadcast as well. In Squadcast, you can navigate to either Incident Dashboard or Incident List to view the newly triggered incident.
Using Message Actions in Slack
You can also choose to create an incident from an existing message in the Slack channel.
(1) Click on the More Actions icon for the chosen message
(2) Choose the Create Incident option from the dropdown shown
(3) In the UI pop-up, fill in all the relevant information needed to create the incident
The incident has now been created successfully.
The Squadcast Bot must be called into the channel where you will want to take any of the above actions to create an incident.