Send alerts to Squadcast from Amazon EventBridge
Amazon EventBridge is a serverless event bus that makes it easier to build event-driven applications at scale using events generated from your applications, integrated Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, and AWS services.
Route detailed alerts from Amazon EventBridge to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Amazon EventBridge. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Amazon EventBridge. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
- 1.Log in to your Amazon EventBridge dashboard. Head over to the API destinations tab and click on Connections. Then click on Create connection.
2. Fill in the Connection name, and select API Key as Authorization type. Enter Squadcast as API key name and true as Value. Then click on Create.
3. Switch the API destinations and click on Create API destination.
4. Fill in the Name and paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL in the placeholder for the API destination endpoint. Select POST as the HTTP method and under Connection, choose the previously created connection. Then click on Create.
You can now mention your newly created API destination as target under Rules.
That's it, you are good to go! Your Amazon EventBridge integration is now complete. Whenever Amazon EventBridge fires an alert, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it.