Steps to configure ServiceNow integration for incident management, using Squadcast.
ServiceNow transforms your business with digital IT workflows by modernizing your operations to optimize productivity, cost, and resilience with a single platform for IT.
Route detailed ticket alerts from ServiceNow to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select ServiceNow. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within ServiceNow. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(2) Navigate to the filter box and search for Business Rules. Click on System Definition > Business Rules
(3) Click on New
(4) Provide any suitable Name, select Incident in the drop-down and check the Advanced option
(5) Navigate to when to run and fill the form as shown in the screenshot below
(6) Paste the previously downloaded and copied snippet into the Script text box
(7) Replace <Squadcast Webhook URL> with the previously copied Webhook URL and click on Submit
Understanding how the integration works:
- Trigger a new incident:
state: 1in the ServiceNow ticket payload, an incident is triggered in Squadcast.
- Resolve an existing incident:
state: 8, incidents are resolved in Squadcast (pertaining to auto-resolution of an existing, open incident)
Please ensure that the right
statusis being sent within the payload for the tickets into Squadcast. If values other than the ones mentioned above are sent for
status, the integration will not work as expected.
That is it, you are now good to go! Whenever a ticket is created with the
Newstatus, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it. When the ticket is moved to
Deletedstatus in ServiceNow, the corresponding incident will automatically get resolved in Squadcast as well.