Send ticket details to Squadcast from Freshdesk
Freshdesk solves your unique challenges, from ticketing and phone to messaging apps and social media, with Freshdesk's modern omnichannel support.
Route detailed ticket alerts from Freshdesk to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Freshdesk. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Freshdesk. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(1) In the app, go to Admin > Workflows > Automations to create the webhook
(2) Click on New Rule
(3) Fill in the form as shown in the subsequent screenshots (you can put your own checks):
(4) Fill Perform these actions form as shown below:
- Select Trigger webhook
- Request Type:
- URL: Paste the previously copied Squadcast webhook here
All the following variables have to be added in order to send this information associated with the ticket to create the incident in Squadcast:
Product Specific Ticket URL
Due by Time
(4) Do the following for sending resolve alert to Squadcast:
(a) Navigate to Ticket Updates tab and click on New Rule
(b) Fill the below form according to your requirements.
(c) Fill Perform these actions form as shown below:
(5) Next, to create the alert, follow the steps below:
(a) Click on New > New Ticket or,
(b) Fill the form below and click on Create
- status Open -> to trigger incident at Squadcast
- status Resolved -> to resolve incident at Squadcast
- status Closed -> to resolve incident at Squadcast
That is it, you are now good to go! Whenever a ticket is
updated, an incident will be created in Squadcast. When the ticket is either
closedin Freshdesk, the corresponding incident will automatically get resolved in Squadcast as well.
Please ensure you are not sending the < character or any HTML Tag within the ticket description that would come in the Description ticket variable. This will cause the content of the description to break and the entire information will not be displayed.