Using the Integration
This document gives a walkthrough of the actions and commands you can perform using your Slack Integration.
You can trigger incidents in Squadcast directly from a Slack Channel.
To trigger an incident from Slack:
- 1.Navigate to your Slack channel, type
/create_incident, and click Squadcast - Create an incident in Squadcast.
- 2.In the pop-up
Click on Submit
- 1.Pick the Service for which you want to trigger the incident
- 2.Give the incident a meaningful title
- 3.Provide an informative description if needed
- 4.Add an Assignee for the incident, it can be a user/squad/escalation policy
- 3.You will now be able to see the newly triggered incident in Squadcast. You will also be notified in the globally configured or the Service specific Slack Channel for the same.
You can create an incident for an ongoing conversation/thread, simply click on More Actions -> Create an Incident.
A modal will open up, and follow the same steps as mentioned above to create an incident.
When an incident is triggered, the incident notification message in Slack will display options for the following incident actions:
Here is a list of Slack commands that you can use to perform actions of incidents using Squadcast.
These commands will work anywhere within Slack. When you perform the below commands the system will take the respective actions.
These commands will work only in the channels created for incidents specifically. When you perform the below commands the system will take the respective actions.