Send in your problem notifications from Dynatrace into Squadcast
Follow the steps below to configure Dynatrace to send alerts into Squadcast.
Squadcast will then process this information to create incidents for this service according to your preferences.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
(1) Log in to your Dynatrace web console, then navigate to Dynatrace > Settings > Integration > Problem notifications
(2) Click Set up notifications and select Custom Integration, as shown below.
(3) Enter a Name and the Webhook URL that was copied from the Squadcast Services page to notify users when an issue occurs with the Webhook notification.
(4) Next, to create a payload, that is to be sent to Squadcast via the Squadcast webhook, insert the following JSON payload in the Custom payload section as shown below.
More information about the JSON fields can be found in the list of Available placeholders
(5) After configuring the payload, select your Alerting profile, click on Send test notification to send a test notification to the webhook URL to confirm if the integration works properly, and then click on Save to save the integration.
Now whenever an alert notification is triggered in Dynatrace, an incident will automatically be created in Squadcast. Also when an alert is resolved in Dynatrace, the corresponding incident gets auto-resolved in Squadcast.