Send alerts to Squadcast from Intercom
Intercom is a software company that specializes in business messaging, providing businesses with a way to chat with their customers.
Route detailed alerts from Intercom to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Intercom. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Intercom. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(1) Login to your Intercom dashboard. Head over to Settings, then under Apps & Integrations click on Developer Hub
(2) Click on New app, put in the App name and choose your appropriate Workspace. Select Internal integration and click on Create app
(3) Now, click on Webhooks and then paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL under Your request endpoint URL. Choose conversation.user.created or conversation.priority.updated and conversation.admin.closed as Webhook topics. Then click on Save
That's it, you are good to go! Your Intercom integration is now complete.
Whenever a conversation is created in Intercom, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it. Also, when the conversation is closed in Intercom, the corresponding incident gets auto-resolved in Squadcast.