Steps to configure HetrixTools integration for incident management, using Squadcast.
HetrixTools allows you to monitor all of your IP addresses and Domain Names, to help you quickly find the malware source and immediately begin the delisting process before it affects your clients and your reputation.
Route detailed monitoring alerts from HetrixTools to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(1) From the dashboard, click on your <username> which is at the top-right corner. From the drop-down, select Contact Lists
(2) Select Add New Contact List
(3) Click on Webhook and enter the copied HetrixTools Webhook URL from Squadcast here
(4) Click on Send test notification and verify if the test alert from HetrixTools created a test incident in Squadcast. Once that is confirmed, click on Add to save the integration
That is it, you are good to go! Now, whenever HetrixTools fires an alert, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it.
Q: If an alert gets resolved in HetrixTools, does HetrixTools send auto-resolve signals to Squadcast? A: Auto-resolution of incidents in Squadcast is only supported for Uptime Monitor, and not for the Blacklist Monitor and the Server Monitor Resource Usage at this time.