Better Uptime is an uptime monitoring tool with a radically better infrastructure monitoring platform.
Route detailed alerts from Better Uptime to the right users in Squadcast.
Using Better Uptime as an Alert Source
(1) From the navigation bar on the left, select Services. Pick the applicable Team from the Team-picker on the top. Next, click on Alert Sources for the applicable Service
(2) Search for Better Uptime from the Alert Source drop-down and copy the Webhook URL
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
Create a Squadcast Webhook Alert in Better Uptime
(1) Login to your Better Uptime dashboard. Navigate to the Integrations section and then click on Exporting data
(2) Under the Exporting data tab, select Configure webhooks and click on Configure
(3) Now, under Incident webhook click on Add and paste the previosuly copied Squadcast Webhook URL. Similarly, under Monitor webhook click on Add and paste the previosuly copied Squadcast Webhook URL
That's it, you are good to go! Your Better Uptime integration is now complete.
Whenever Better Uptime fires Incident/Monitor alert, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it. Also, when an alert is resolved in Better Uptime, the corresponding incident gets auto-resolved in Squadcast.