Send alerts to Squadcast from Sematext
Sematext allows you to detect and troubleshoot production & performance issues with logs, metrics, and synthetic and real user monitoring.
Route detailed monitoring alerts from Sematext to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Sematext. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Sematext. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(1) Go to Alerts from the left navigation panel. Click on Notification Hooks and select Squadcast to create a new Squadcast notification hook
(2) Name your Notification Hook to reflect the type of alerts that will be sent into Squadcast
(3) Paste the webhook URL that was copied from Squadcast under Webhook URL
(4) Click on Send Test Notification to test this integration
(5) Click on Save Notification Hook to save this configuration
That's it! Your Sematext integration is now good to go.
Q: If an alert gets resolved in Sematext, does it send auto-resolve signals to Squadcast?
A: No, Sematext does not send auto-resolve signals to Squadcast. Hence, Squadcast incidents from Sematext should be resolved manually.