Send alerts to Squadcast from Linear
Linear is an issue-tracking tool that helps users to streamline software projects, sprints, tasks, and bug tracking.
Route detailed alerts from Linear to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Linear. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Linear. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(1) Login to your Linear dashboard. Head over to the Workspace tab. Click on the Workspace name, then select Workspace settings
(2) Under the Settings menu, scroll to the Account section and choose API. Then under Webhooks, click on New webhook
(3) Set a Label for the webhook. Paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL in the placeholder for URL. Select Event types and the Teams for which the webhook should send alerts. Then click on Create webhook
That's it, you are good to go! Your Linear integration is now complete. Whenever Linear fires an alert for an issue created in the integrated workspace, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it. Also, when the issue status has changed to Done in Linear, the corresponding incident gets auto-resolved in Squadcast.