Steps to configure Sentry integration for incident management, using Squadcast
Sentry is a developer-first error tracking and performance monitoring platform that helps developers see what actually matters, solve quicker, and learn continuously about their applications.
Route detailed alerts from Sentry to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Sentry. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Sentry. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
1. Now log in to your Sentry account and go to your Project Settings. Under the Settings tab, click Integrations and search for Webhook.
2. Click on Webhooks. Click on Add Project, and select any project type.
3. Under Callback URLs, paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL.
4. Under the Alerts section of the Settings tab
a. Click on Create Alert
b. Select Alert and click on Set Condition
c. Provide Alert name
d. Under the Set Conditions section choose Notification via WebHooks
When all of these conditions are met: An event is seen
That's it! Your Sentry integration is now good to go.