Steps to configure Uptrends integration for incident management, using Squadcast.
This document will help you integrate Uptrends with Squadcast.
Uptrends monitors the uptime, performance, and accuracy of websites, APIs, web applications, and servers.
Route detailed alerts from Uptrends to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate Uptrends with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using Uptrends as an Alert Source
Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Uptrends. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Uptrends. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
In Uptrends: Create a Squadcast Webhook
(1) Click the + button next to Integrations under the Alerting drop-down menu
(2) Select Uptrends integration under Custom integrations and click on Choose
(3) Fill the form as shown in the below screenshot and click on Save.
(4) You can send a test alert by clicking the Start test button
You should get a response like in the screenshot below
(5) Click the + button next to Alert definitions under the Alerting drop-down menu
(6) Provide any suitable Name, check Active and All monitors checkbox and click on Save
You can find more information on setting this up here.
That is it, you are now good to go! Whenever an alert is generated with Alert type as Error in Uptrends, an incident will be created for it in Squadcast. When the alert is resolved in Uptrends, the corresponding incident will automatically get resolved in Squadcast as well.