Steps to configure CircleCI integration for incident management, using Squadcast
CircleCI is a continuous integration and continuous delivery platform that can be used to implement DevOps practices.
You can use our CircleCI integration to route details events from CircleCI to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
Step 1: Navigate to CircleCI integration within a service
2. Select CircleCI. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within CircleCI. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
Step 2: Add CircleCI as an alert source for a service
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources. You can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
1. Log in to your CircleCI dashboard. Navigate to the Projects section, click ... and select Project Settings
Step 1: Navigate to Project Settings
2. Under the Project Settings, navigate to the Webhooks section. Then click on Add Webhook
Step 2: Add a Webhook in Project Settings
3. Put in the Webhook name and paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL in the Receiver URL placeholder.
Check the checkbox for both the Events - Workflow Completed & Job Completed
Step 3: Edit configurations for a Webhooks
That's it, you are good to go! Your CircleCI integration is now complete.
- Whenever CircleCI fires an alert, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it.
- Once the Success alert is sent, it will automatically be resolved in Squadcast.