Streamline incident management with AppSignal integration using Squadcast. Configure smoothly for optimized incident response. Elevate your process now.
Route detailed events from AppSignal to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources. You can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
- 1.Log in to your AppSignal web console.
- 2.Select the app you would create incidents for. Now, in the left sidebar, select Notifications
- 3.Click on Add Integration and select Webhook from the dropdown
- 4.Give the Webhook a Name, select the types of events for which you would like to create incidents for, and paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook under Webhook URL
Important: When you click on the Test Hook button after adding the Webhook, AppSignal sends test data over a
GET HTTP Requestand not a
POST HTTP Request. As a result, you will not notice an incident in Squadcast for the same. To test the Webhook, either generate or wait for real-time alerts to occur within AppSignal.
- 5.Click on Submit to save this Webhook integration
That is it, you are good to go!
Now, whenever an event is generated in AppSignal, an incident for the same will be created in Squadcast.
Q: Does this integration support the auto-resolution of incidents in Squadcast? A: No, this integration does not support auto-resolution of incidents in Squadcast since AppSignal does not send out alert resolve notifications via Webhook.