Steps to configure Pingdom integration for incident management, using Squadcast.
Route detailed events from Pingdom to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
(1) From the navigation bar on the left, select Settings and select Integrations
(2) Click on Add integration on the top right
- Select Type as Webhook from the dropdown
- Give the Webhook a Name
- Paste the previously copied Webhook from Squadcast under URL
- Ensure the Active option is checked
- Finally, click on Save integration
(4) Back in your Integrations page, you should now be able to see the newly added Webhook for Squadcast
(5) Now, associate this integration to any of yours checks on Pingdom
Here, we have simply associated this Webhook integration with one of Pingdom's Uptime Checks.
Note: Please check the Alert when back up checkbox. If this is not done, when an alert recovers in Pingdom, the corresponding incident for in Squadcast will not get auto-resolved.
That is it, you are good to go! Everytime an alert is created in Pingdom, an incident would be created in Squadcast. When the alert is resolved (changes state to Up or Success) in Pingdom, the corresponding incident in Squadcast will be automatically resolved.