To create tasks in Asana for Squadcast Incidents with the help of Outgoing Webhooks
Follow the below steps to configure the “Asana - Create Task” action via webhooks.
We will be utilizing Asana's Rest APIs to Create Task
- 2.Enter the PAT copied above in the box on the right side and click on Try it.
- 3.Copy the right Workspace ID in which you would like to create tasks.
- 5.Enter the PAT copied above in the box on the right side and click on Try it.
- 6.Copy the right Project ID in which you would like to create tasks.
- 1.Navigate to Settings -> Webhooks.
- 2.Click Add Webhook. On the next screen, you will be guided through three steps. Navigate between these steps by clicking on any of the steps on the top bar.
- 3.Add Webhook Details:
- 1.Webhook Name: Enter the webhook name as Asana - Create Task.
- 2.Webhook Description (optional): Enter an optional description. For example - This webhook is for task creation in Asana for Squadcast Incidents.
- 3.Failure Notification Email (optional): Enter an email where you want to receive failure notifications. This is particularly helpful when you (or an administrator) want to be notified of webhook-related failures.
- 4.URL: Copy and paste the below API.
- 5.Additional Headers: Add
Key: Authorizationand paste the
Valuecopied from Postman with the prefix Bearer
Under Additional headers, Content-Type: application/JSON is added by default.
Click Next: Choose Webhook Type, and navigate to the next step.
- 4.Choose Webhook Type: Choose Webhook type (Manual or Automatic) and add configurations.
- 1.Manual Webhook: Manually trigger Webhooks under incidents, on demand. Under Manual Webhook, select the teams that are authorized to access the Webhook. You can select All Teams or enter specific Teams, from the drop-down.
Select this option only if you want to create Asana tasks manually on-demand. If you want a ticket, created automatically when certain conditions are met, please choose Automatic webhooks.
- 2.Automatic Webhook: Automatically trigger Webhooks when the configured conditions match. To set up Automatic Webhook Configurations:
- 1.Versions: Select v2
- 2.Triggers: Select the following Trigger events (conditions) for which the Webhook will be triggered:
- 1.Incident Triggered (This will create an Asana task whenever a new incident gets triggered in Squadcast)
- 3.Filters: You can apply filters on top of events, based on Teams, Services, Alert Sources, and Tags, by having an individual expression or a combination of expressions/expression groups.
Applying filters will trigger the webhook and create Asana tasks only for events that match the filter.
Click Next: Configure Payload, and navigate to the next step.
- 5.Configure Payload: Select the pre-configured template for Asana - Create Task. You can also test the Webhook by clicking the Test Webhook on the bottom right.
Click Save and your Webhook is created.