Dead Man's Snitch
Send alerts to Squadcast from Dead Man's Snitch
Dead Man's Snitch is a monitoring tool used to easily monitor errors, cron, Heroku Scheduler, or any scheduled task.
Route detailed alerts from Dead Man's Snitch to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Dead Man's Snitch. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Dead Man's Snitch. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(1) Login to your Dead Man's Snitch dashboard and click on Integrations
(2) Under Available Integrations, select Squadcast and click on + ADD
(3) Paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL in the placeholder for Integration URL. Then click on Save
You can also click on SEND TEST to test the alert. This will create a test incident in Squadcast.
That's it, you are good to go! Your Dead Man's Snitch integration is now complete. Whenever Dead Man's Snitch fires an alert, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it. Also, when an alert status has changed to Healthy in Dead Man's Snitch, the corresponding incident gets auto-resolved in Squadcast.