This document will help you integrate Redash with Squadcast.
Redash gives you the power to enjoy the comfort of Redash's database query editor with powerful collaboration, create and visualize dashboards and set up alerts to get notified for certain events on your data.
Route detailed events from Redash to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate Redash with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using Redash as an Alert Source
Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
2. Select Redash. Copy the displayed Webhook URL to configure it within Redash. Finish by clicking Add Alert Source -> Done.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
In Redash: Create a Squadcast Webhook
(1) From the Home Page, navigate to Settings by clicking on the icon in the top right of the menu bar
(2) Select Alert Destinations
(3) Here, select New Alert Destination
(4) Select Webhook
(5) Here, give the Webhook a Name and paste the previously copied Webhook URL from Squadcast under Url. Then, click on Create
(6) In the next modal, click on Save to save this Webhook
You will now be able to see this newly created Webhook being listed under Alert Destinations
(7) Now, from the navigation bar on the top, select Alerts
(8) Here, you can either choose to add a New Alert or select an existing Alert
In either case, fill in all the necessary details for the Query Name and Trigger When fields
Select the option suitable for you from the When triggered, send notification dropdown (typically, you should be selecting Just Once so that you do not get bombarded with alert notifications)
In the Template dropdown, select Custom template
In the Subject section, add the below as is:
In the Body section, add the below as is:
### Additional Information
Then, click on Create Alert
(10) Once the Alert has been added, select the newly added Alert in the list
(11) Click on Add against Destinations
(12) Here, select the newly added Webhook, Squadcast Webhook
(13) Ensure that the Webhook has been enabled for it and is being displayed as one of the Destinations for the Alert
That is it, you are good to go! Everytime an Alert is created in Redash, an incident would be created in Squadcast. When the Alert is resolved in Redash, the corresponding incident in Squadcast will be automatically resolved.