PRTG Network Monitor
Steps to configure PRTG Network Monitor integration for incident management, using Squadcast.
PRTG Network Monitor by Paessler is a tool used to monitor small and midsize infrastructures. It provides maps and dashboards, flexible alerting, multiple user interfaces, and distributed monitoring.
Route detailed alerts from PRTG Network Monitor to the right users in Squadcast.
- 1.Navigate to Services -> Service Overview -> select or search for your Service. Expand the accordion -> In the Alert Sources section, click Add.
When an alert source turns Active, it’ll show up under Configured Alert Sources, you can either generate a test alert from the integration or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source. An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service.
(1) Login to your PRTG Network Monitor dashboard. Go to Setup present in the top right corner of the screen. Select Account Settings --> Notification Templates
(2) Click on the + button on the right side of the screen to Add Notification Template
(3) Name it Squadcast Webhook for easy identification. Configure the remaining fields as per your requirements
(4) Scroll down and tick the Execute HTTP Action button. Paste the webhook URL copied from Squadcast platform in the URL field
Select HTTP Method as POST and paste the snippet given below in the payload field.
By default, the SNI field is set to Do not send SNI (default). Ideally, this setting should work fine. However, we have seen that certain users of PRTG Network Monitor receive SSL Handshake related errors. In such cases, you can simply change the setting here to Send SNI.
Then specify the app.squadcast.com as the SNI Name.
Doing so will solve for any SSL related errors that occur otherwise.
(5) Finally click on the Create button to create the Notification Template
Now, your Squadcast webhook is setup and ready to be consumed by sensors for sending alerts.
Simply select the Squadcast Webhook as the Notification Template from the dropdown when configuring Notification Triggers in order to send notifications to Squadcast.
That is it, you are good to go! Everytime an alert is generated in PRTG Network Monitor, an incident for it would be triggered in Squadcast. When the alert is resolved in PRTG Network Monitor (when the system gets back online), the corresponding incident for it will be automatically resolved in Squadcast.