Follow the steps below to configure a service so as to extract its related alert data from Google Stackdriver. Squadcast will then process this information to create incidents for this service as per your preferences.
On the Sidebar, click on Services.
You can either choose to use existing service or create a new service
Now, click on the corresponding Alert Sources button.
Select Stackdriver from Alert Source drop down and copy the Webhook URL shown.
- Login to your Google Cloud console and go to Stackdriver - Monitoring in the sidebar.
- Go to Alerting section in the sidebar.
- Go to Edit Notification Channels.
- Click on ADD NEW button corresponding to Webhooks.
- Paste the Squadcast webhook URL copied in previous step. This will create Squadcast webhook in Stackdriver
- In the alerting section, click on CREATE POLICY.
- Configure policy name, conditions and triggers as per requirement. In the Notifications section, click on ADD NOTIFICATION CHANNEL.
- Select Webhook with Token Authentication for Notification Channel Type & for Notification Channel**, select the webhook you had setup in the previous step.
- Click on ADD.
Now whenever an alert is triggered by Stackdriver, an incident will be created automatically in Squadcast. The Stackdriver integration comes with an Auto-Resolve feature, meaning that whenever the alerts gets resolved in Stackdriver, the incident will automatically get resolved in Squadcast as well.
Updated 5 months ago