Follow the steps below to configure a service so as to extract its related alert data from Google Stackdriver. Squadcast will then process this information to create incidents for this service as per your preferences.
On the Sidebar, click on Services.
You can either navigate to an existing service or make a new one by clicking on “Add Service”.
Check the service details like name, description, and the associated escalation policy for this service and make sure it is correctly entered.
From the integration types drop down select the integration type as “Stackdriver”. You will be shown your Stackdriver webhook URL and click Save.
- Login to your Google Cloud console and go to Stackdriver - Monitoring in the sidebar.
- Go to Alerting section in the sidebar.
- Go to Edit Notification Channels.
- Click on ADD NEW button corresponding to Webhooks.
- Paste the Squadcast webhook URL copied in previous step. This will create Squadcast webhook in Stackdriver
- In the alerting section, click on CREATE POLICY.
- Configure policy name, conditions and triggers as per requirement. In the Notifications section, click on ADD NOTIFICATION CHANNEL.
- Select Webhook with Token Authentication for Notification Channel Type & for Notification Channel**, select the webhook you had setup in the previous step.
- Click on ADD.
Now whenever an alert is triggered by Stackdriver, an incident will be created automatically in Squadcast. The Stackdriver integration comes with an Auto-Resolve feature, meaning that whenever the alerts gets resolved in Stackdriver, the incident will automatically get resolved in Squadcast as well.
Updated 2 months ago