This document will help you integrate SolarWinds AppOptics with Squadcast.
SolarWinds AppOptics is a SAAS-based APM and Infrastructure tool for hybrid and cloud-native IT environments. Route detailed monitoring alerts from AppOptics to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate AppOptics with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using AppOptics as an Alert Source
(1) From the navigation bar on the left, select Services. Pick the applicable Team from the Team-picker on the top. Next, click on Alert Sources for the applicable Service
(2) Search for SolarWinds AppOptics from the Alert Source drop-down and copy the Webhook URL
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
In SolarWinds AppOptics: Setup your Notification Services
(1) Log in to your SolarWinds Cloud console
(2) From the navigation section to the left of the homepage, select Settings > Metric Settings > Notification Services
(3) Click on Webhooks under the Available section
(4) Add an appropriate Title and paste the webhook URL copied from Squadcast under URL. Click on Add
(5) While creating a Metric Alert, select the configured webhook URL and test fire to verify whether the notification service is working as expected
That’s it! Now whenever an APM-related or Infrastructure-related notification is triggered in SolarWinds AppOptics, an incident will automatically be created in Squadcast.
Also, whenever an alert is resolved in SolarWinds AppOptics, the corresponding incident will get auto-resolved in Squadcast.