Squadcast supports SAML 2.0 based Okta Single Sign On (SSO) login and you can set it for your organisation by following this integration guide.
- Valid Okta SSO account & subscription
- Account Owner / Administrator account in Squadcast
- A valid Squadcast subscription (Enterprise)
1. Only an Administrator / Account owner can enable and configure Okta SSO for an organisation in Squadcast.
2. Once enabled, only the Account owner can use email-password based login by default although it can be configured to enable email based login for Administrators as well.
Check out this documentation to login to your Squadcast Mobile application.
Setting up Okta SSO
(1) Go to the Integrations tab from your Squadcast account sidebar and click on Integrate under SSO card.
(2) In the opened modal, select the Okta tab and click Show configuration guide for Okta.
(3) Copy the ID highlighted in the instructions.
(4) Move to your Okta Dashboard and navigate to Applications
(5) Search for Squadcast application and click Add to add it to your Okta account.
(6) Under the
Sign-On tab, navigate to the
Advanced Sign-On Settings and paste the Customer ID that was copied in Step 3 in the
Customer ID field.
(7) Now click on
View Setup Instructions to view the SAML 2.0 Endpoint and X.509 Certificate.
(8) Paste the SAML 2.0 Endpoint and X.509 Certificates in the respective fields in Squadcast
(9) In Squadcast, enable the toggle above within the modal and click on
Save to enable Okta SSO for your Squadcast Account.
You can turn On / Off Okta SSO by toggling the button at the top. Configure other options like the default User role and click Save.
For members trying to log into Squadcast through SSO who aren't already added to the Squadcast platform, will be added to the platform by default as Users.
(10) The Okta-Squadcast integration also supports user provisioning. To enable that, you can navigate to the
Assignments tab, assign this to
groups (based on your requirement) to enable access to Squadcast.
In this example, we have chosen
Assign to People and added a user as shown below.
(11) By default, the SSO provider will send Firstname, Lastname and Email ID to Squadcast. If you can send an optional custom key called
role with one of these values
Stakeholder, the user will be created with these roles instead of the default user role configured in the SSO modal in Squadcast.
Your Okta SSO Integration is good to go and anyone in your organisation can now use Okta SSO to login into Squadcast.
Logging into Squadcast via Okta
(1) You can login to Squadcast by navigating to
My Apps in your Okta Dashboard.
Squadcast in this list of saved applications and just click on the
Squadcast card and you will be automatically directed into your Squadcast account.