This document will help you integrate Observium with Squadcast.
Observium is a low-maintenance auto-discovering network monitoring platform supporting a wide range of device types, platforms and operating systems, and focuses on providing a beautiful and powerful yet simple and intuitive interface to the health and status of your network. Route detailed monitoring alerts from Observium to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate Observium with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using Observium as an Alert Source
(1) On the Sidebar, click on Services
(2) Select an existing Service or Add service
(3) Click the corresponding Alert Sources
(4) Search for Observium from the Alert Source drop down menu and copy the webhook
In Observium: Create a Squadcast Webhook
(1) From the first option in the top bar, select Contacts
(2) Select Add Contact to add a Webhook
(3) Fill out the details as below:
- (a) Transport: Select Webhook from the drop-down
- (b) Description: Give it a name, such as, Squadcast Webhook
- (c) URL: Paste the previously copied URL from Squadcast
- (d) Click on Add Contact
(4) Navigate to the newly created Contact and associate the required Alert Checkers and Syslog Rules that should use this Contact to notify you for alerts
(5) Navigate to your Alert Checkers and enable Send Recovery option to send recovery alerts signals to Squadcast
That is it, you are now good to go! Whenever an alert is triggered in Observium, an incident will be created automatically in Squadcast. When an alert is resolved in Observium, the corresponding incident gets auto-resolved in Squadcast as well.
Q: Do Syslog alerts from Observium get auto-resolved in Squadcast?
A: No, Observium does not send auto-resolve signals to Squadcast for Syslog alerts. Hence, Squadcast incidents for Syslog alerts should be resolved manually.