Notification Rules determine how an individual user is notified for an incident that is assigned to them. You can set up rules to be notified notify on any of the following notification channels:
- Push notification on the Squadcast mobile app
Irrespective of your User Role in Squadcast, you will only be able to set/edit your own Notification Rules. You will not be able to do it for any other member of Squadcast.
Edit Notification Rules
(1) Click on the user icon in the upper right corner and select Profile
(2) You will be taken into the My Profile section where you can see the User Details on the left and the Notification Rules on the right. Click on the Options icon to edit the rules
(3) Enter the amount of time after the incident trigger when you wish to get notified by a particular medium and choose that medium from the drop-down at the end of the rule
(4) You can also add new rules by clicking Add More Rules at the bottom
(5) Select Save after making changes to save the configuration
By default, every new user’s Notification Rules would be defined by Squadcast as indicated by the screenshot below:
You’re good to go. Now, when an incident is assigned to you, you will be notified based on your preferences set in the Notification Rules section.
You can set up a rule to be notified immediately, as soon as the incident is triggered, if you input 0 in the text box that asks for time.