We understand that most of your work happens over MS Teams. You can integrate Squadcast and MS Teams to collaborate efficiently with your team while working on incidents. Here’s a brief of all that is possible.
- Only the Account Owner and Users with the
Manage Extensionspermission will be able to enable, disable and manage Extensions in Squadcast
- Only MS Teams Admins can add the Squadcast-MS Teams app in their workspace
MS Teams Notifications for Incidents
Squadcast sends a notification to the configured MS Teams channel as soon as an incident is triggered. You can easily Acknowledge, Resolve and Reassign the populated incidents from within the MS Teams channel.
email address used with your user in MS Teams and your user in Squadcast should be the same, if not, the integration will not work as expected.
Follow the steps below to integrate Squadcast and MS Teams
(1) Download the MS Teams app bundle by clicking on one of these links.
MS Teams app bundle for the US data center: download link
MS Teams app bundle for the EU data center: download link
(2) Navigate to the Apps section
(3) Click on Upload a customised app, and upload the previously downloaded app bundle by clicking on Upload for my organization
(4) Once successfully uploaded, you will see the Squadcast-MS Teams app in-built for your organization
(5) Click on the app card to open the app’s configuration modal and then, click on Add to add the app
(6) Once successfully added, you will recieve an authorize message. Click on Authorize button to initiate the authorization flow
(7) On doing so, you will be redirected to the Extensions page in Squadcast, indicating successful integration of MS Teams and Squadcast
Adding MS Teams Channels
(1) By default, only the bot conversation will appear in the default channel
(2) To add more channels, navigate to the Squadcast app in MS Teams and click on the drop-down next to the Open button to open the configuration options. Click on Add to a team
(3) Select the team and a channel to add this app and click on Set up a bot
(4) Once successfully added, all of these will appear in Squadcast’s MS Teams Extension configuration
List of channels appearing in default channel
Once the Squadcast app is added to a team in MS Teams, all the channels for that team will appear in DEFAULT MS TEAM NOTIFICATION CHANNEL. To add more teams to Squadcast, refer to step 2 & onwards.
Updating the Global MS Teams Channel for all Services in Squadcast
(1) Click on the DEFAULT MS TEAM NOTIFICATION CHANNEL drop-down
(2) Select the new MS Teams channel that would be the default channel for all your Squadcast Services
(3) Click on Save
Now, you will start receiving alert notifications for all Squadcast incidents in the configured MS Teams channel, in this case, the
internal-testing-Production-alerts channel. You can then choose to Acknowledge, Resolve and Reassign these incidents from within the channel, in this case, the
This integration supports bi-directional status sync
When an incident is acknowledged, resolved or reassigned from MS Teams, the status change of the incident is propagated to Squadcast and updated automatically. Similarly, if an incident is acknowledged, resolved or reassigned in Squadcast, you will be notified in the configured MS Teams channel for it.
Note: If an incident is auto-resolved by the alert source (monitoring tool), then the notification will indicate the same.
Global MS Teams channel = default MS Teams channel for all Services
By default, the configured global MS Teams channel is applicable to every Service in Squadcast. This means, all the alerts coming for every Service in Squadcast will be routed to the default MS Teams channel configured.
Configuring Service Specific MS Teams Channels
Additionally, you can associate one MS Teams channel per Squadcast Service so as to receive notifications for incidents affecting only that Service in this MS Teams channel.
Follow the steps below to configure the same:
(1) Enable the checkbox to activate
TEAM/SERVICE SPECIFIC CHANNEL
(2) Select the Team to open the Team configuration option
(3) Select the Squadcast Team here
(4) All the Services that are a part of that Squadcast Team will appear in next Services drop-down, select the Service(s)
(5) Select a channel in opened Teams so for example in all the channels in
internal-testing team is shown and we can select a channel to create a Squadcast(Team, service) to MS Teams Channel mapping
(6) Click on Save to save configuration
Capabilities of MS Teams App
- You can
Reassignincidents from within MS Teams itself by clicking on the corresponding CTAs. In addition to this, you can also add notes to the incidents which will directly reflect in the Incident Details page for the incident.
- Once the app is added as a bot in a specific MS Teams channel, you can run the bot command
whos-on-callto view the on-call schedules for all the Teams created in your Squadcast organization.
Additional Information on Errors
Errors encountered when taking actions on incident:
This error is either because you are not part a of the organization for which this incident is triggerd in Squadcast, or you are not authorised to take this action.
(1) What happens when I link multiple organizations with the same tenant?
If you link multiple organizations with the same tenant, then the previous organization-tenant mapping will get deactivated.
(2) What does unlinking an account lead to?
Unlinking an account deactivates all the organizations for a given tenant.