Create Incident Manually
Incidents can be triggered manually either from the Incident Dashboard or the Incident page.
First, select the Team from the team picker on the top.
Triggering Incidents in the Incident Dashboard
Click on + right next to the Actions dropdown tab
Triggering Incidents in the Incidents page
(1) Click on Create an Incident
(2) Add details in the relevant fields:
- Incident Title - This would be the title/message of the incident being created
- Incident Description - This would be the description of the Incident being created. This is an optional field.
- Service - Select the relevant Service to which this incident would be mapped
- Assigned To - Upon choosing the Service, the default Escalation Policy associated with the Service would be auto-filled. You can choose to manually update the Assigned To field to a different Escalation Policy or a specific User or Squad in your Team
- By default, you will have the option to add Tags to an incident (either while creating the incident or after the incident is created)
- You can do so by assigning the
tag name (key)and
tag valuein the text fields provided and you can also change the tag color by clicking on the colour of your choice
- You can also add multiple tags by clicking on the + option
- Adding a Tag is optional
(3) Click on Create new incident to trigger the incident
Adding Attachments to Incident Description
You can add a variety of file types as an attachment to your incident’s description.
To attach a file, drag and drop the file to the markdown editor. You can also copy-paste the file directly in the markdown editor.
The maximum size for a single single file is 10 MB (for upload). You can upload a maximum of 5 files at a time.
The storage limit for an organization depends on the plan:
- For Free plan - the limit is 50 MB
- For Pro and Enterprise plans - the limit is unlimited
File uploads won’t work if the plan limit has been reached. File once uploaded cannot be deleted.
The supported file types are:
- Images (.png, .jpg, .jpeg)
- Word Processors (.doc, .docx, .odt, pages)
- Spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx, numbers)
- PDFs (.pdf)
- Presentations (.ppt, .pptx. .odp)
- Miscellaneous (.log, .txt, .odv, .csv, key, json, log)