You can use this integration guide to install and configure the Squadcast extension in JIRA Cloud to create issues in JIRA projects when there is an incident in Squadcast either Automatically or Manually and sync the status bidirectionally.
A valid Squadcast cloud subscription or a trial account
An user account in JIRA Cloud version with Administrator privileges.
- Login to your Jira cloud account and install Squadcast Jira cloud plugin and click on Configure button.
Copy the Jira API token from the configuration page.
Go back to Squadcast Integrations page and click on Integrate button under Jira cloud.
- Paste the Jira API token from the 2nd step and click on Save & Next button.
- Select the Jira project in which tickets needs to be created and select the issue type and click Next.
- Then map the Jira ticket status to the available Squadcast statuses and click Next.
- Then select the mode in which you want to add incident to Jira: Manually or Automatically and then select the service(s) for which you want to enable the Jira cloud integration and click on the Save & Integrate button.
That's it! Your Jira cloud integration is good to go.
If you have chosen the Automatic mode while configuring Jira cloud then you need not do anything. Any incident triggered for the selected service will automatically create an issue in the selected Jira project with the configured issue type.
If the chosen mode is Manual, follow the below steps to create a ticket in Jira.
- Open the incident in Squadcast and click on More Actions button.
- Select Jira Cloud action and click on Create a ticket in Jira button.
A ticket will be created in the selected Jira project with the configured issue type and this action will be recorded in the incident timeline with a hyperlink to the created Jira ticket.
Updated 19 days ago