Follow the steps below to configure a service so as to extract its related alert data from Instana.
Squadcast will then process this information to create incidents for this service as per your preferences.
On the Sidebar, click on Services.
You can either navigate to an existing service or make a new one by clicking on Add Service.
Check the service details like name, description, and the associated escalation policy for this service and make sure it is correctly entered.
From the integration types drop down, select the integration type as Instana
Enter the service name and description as required.
Copy the Instana Webhook URL and click on Save button to create the service.
- Login to your Instana web dashboard and click on Settings button on the sidebar.
- Select the Team Settings tab.
- Go to Alert Channels in EVENTS & ALERTS section.
- Click on Add Alert Channel.
Select Webhooks option.
Enter a suitable Name for the webhook and paste the webhook URL copied from the Squadcast dashboard in the Webhook URLs field. Then click on Create.
- Now, go to Alerts.
- If you have't set up any alerts, refer to the Instana documentation to for Alerting. Once you have an alert setup, click on it.
- Scroll down to 4. Alerting section and click on Add Alert Channels.
- Tick the Squadcast webhook alert channel that you had set up in the earlier steps, and click on Add Channel.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
Now, whenever Instana sends an alert with status OPENED on the Squadcast webhook, an Incident gets created in Squadcast.
Similarly, when Instana sends an alert with status CLOSED on the Squadcast webhook, the corresponding triggered incident in Squadcast gets resolved.
Updated 4 months ago