Follow the steps below to configure a service so as to push related alert data from Honeybadger onto Squadcast.
Squadcast will then process this information to create incidents for this service as per your preferences.
On the Sidebar, click on Services.
You can either navigate to an existing service or make a new one by clicking on Add Service.
Check the service details like Name, Description, and the associated Escalation Policy for this service and make sure it is correctly entered.
From the Integration Type drop-down, select the type as Honeybadger.
Enter the service name and description as required.
Copy the Honeybadger Webhook URL and click on Save button to create the service.
- Login to your Honeybadger web console and go to Settings tab of your project.
- Under Settings, click on the Alerts & Integrations tab in the sidebar. Under Add a Project Integration, select WebHook.
- You will now be directed to the Set up WebHook page. In the URL input field, paste the Honeybadger Webhook URL that you had initially copied from the Squadcast Dashboard.
- Scroll down to set up the events that you want to trigger an alert for. The following image lists out the events that are supported in Squadcast.
- Configure the Rate escalation and Notification throttling sections as per your requirements.
- Save these changes.
Now whenever an event is triggered in Honeybadger, an incident will be created automatically in Squadcast. And once the event that triggered the incident(s) is resolved in Honeybadger, the relevant Squadcast incidents created would get resolved automatically.