This document will help you integrate Freshping with Squadcast.
Freshping is a simple Uptime and Performance monitoring tool which keeps track of performance and downtime of websites, APIs, web services and web applications with real-time alerts. Route detailed monitoring alerts from Freshping to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate Freshping with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using Freshping as an Alert Source
(1) On the Sidebar, click on Services.
(2) Select an existing Service or Add service
(3) Click the corresponding Alert Sources
(4) Search for Freshping from the Alert Source drop down menu and copy the Webhook
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
Create a Squadcast Webhook in Freshping
In Freshping: Create a Squadcast Webhook
(1) Login to your Freshping web console and go to Settings
(2) From the Settings menu, select Integrations
(3) Scroll down to the Webhook section and select + Create Integration
(4) Paste the copied webhook URL from Squadcast under Domain URL and click on Create to save the integration
(5) You can verify the same on the Integrations page
NOTE: When you click on the Test button, Freshping sends out Resolve alerts which do not create any new incidents in Squadcast. Please simulate real-time alerts to verify that the integration is working as expected.
That is it, you are good to go!
Now, whenever Freshping generates an alert, an incident will be triggered for it in Squadcast. Additionally, once the alert that triggered the incident(s) is resolved in Freshping, the corresponding Squadcast incident would get resolved automatically.