This document will help you integrate Errorception with Squadcast.
Route detailed events from Errorception to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate Errorception with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using Errorception as an Alert Source
(1) On the Sidebar, click on Services
(2) Select an existing Service or Add Service
(3) Click the corresponding Alert Sources
(4) Search for Errorception from the Alert Source dropdown menu and copy the Webhook
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
In Errorception: Create a Squadcast Webhook
(1) Once you login, navigate to Settings from the top
(2) From the left, select Service Hooks
(3) Next, make the following changes:
(a) Select Webhooks
(b) In the placeholder for WebHook URL, paste the previously copied Webhook URL from Squadcast
(c) Enable the checbox that says Active to activate your Webhook
(d) Select the option Every occurrence
(e) Finally, click on Save to save the added Webhook
Q: Does this integration support auto-resolution of incidents in Squadcast?
A: No, this integration does not support auto-resolution of incidents in Squadcast since Errorception does not send out error resolve notifications via the Webhook.