Dead Man's Snitch
Dead Man’s Snitch is a monitoring tool used to easily monitor errors, cron, Heroku Scheduler, or any scheduled task.
Route detailed alerts from Dead Man’s Snitch to the right users in Squadcast.
Using Dead Man’s Snitch as an Alert Source
(1) From the navigation bar on the left, select Services. Pick the applicable Team from the Team-picker on the top. Next, click on Alert Sources for the applicable Service
(2) Search for Dead Man’s Snitch from the Alert Source drop-down and copy the Webhook URL
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
Create a Squadcast Integration in Dead Man’s Snitch
(1) Login to your Dead Man’s Snitch dashboard and click on Integrations
(2) Under Available Integrations, select Squadcast and click on + ADD
(3) Paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL in the placeholder for Integration URL. Then click on Save
You can also click on SEND TEST to test the alert. This will create a test incident in Squadcast.
That’s it, you are good to go! Your Dead Man’s Snitch integration is now complete. Whenever Dead Man’s Snitch fires an alert, an incident will be created in Squadcast for it. Also, when an alert status has changed to Healthy in Dead Man’s Snitch, the corresponding incident gets auto-resolved in Squadcast.