This document will help you integrate AppSignal with Squadcast.
Route detailed events from AppSignal to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate AppSignal with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using AppSignal as an Alert Source
(1) From the navigation bar on the left, select Services. Pick the applicable Team from the Team-picker on the top. Next, click on Alert Sources for the applicable Service
(2) Search for AppSignal from the Alert Source drop-down and copy the Webhook URL
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
Create a Squadcast Webhook in AppSignal Dashboard
Log in to your AppSignal web console.
(1) Select the app you would create incidents for. Now, in the left sidebar, select Notifications
(2) Click on Add Integration and select Webhook from the dropdown
(3) Give the Webhook a Name, select the types of events for which you would like to create incidents for, and paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook under Webhook URL
When you click on the Test Hook button after adding the Webhook, AppSignal sends test data over a
GET HTTP Request and not a
POST HTTP Request. As a result, you will not notice an incident in Squadcast for the same. To test the Webhook, either generate or wait for real-time alerts to occur within AppSignal.
(4) Click on Submit to save this Webhook integration
That is it, you are good to go! Now, whenever an event in generated in AppSignal, an incident for the same will be created in Squadcast.
Q: Does this integration support auto-resolution of incidents in Squadcast?
A: No, this integration does not support auto-resolution of incidents in Squadcast since AppSignal does not send out alert resolve notifications via the Webhook.