Incident Notes enable you to add important notes for you and your team that can help mitigate an incident faster.
You can use this to:
- Collaborate with your team and resolve the incident
- Use it to store important pointers that will help with the mitigation
- Use it to store Notes that can be populated in the Postmortem report
- Share Organization-wide information like resolution reason, Follow-up Tasks, etc.
- Only verified users would be receiving any kind of notifications from Squadcast
- For receiving Push notifications, users should have the Squadcast mobile app (Version 2.10.71 and above) installed
To get started
(1) Click on Incident List or the Dashboard from the sidebar
(2) Open an incident to view the Incident Details
Mentioning Users in Notes
- Users can callout other users using the “@” symbol for important notes. This can also be used to inform users of a specific need, information or as a means to notify your Stakeholders on information pertaining to the status of an ongoing incident.
Users who are currently on-call are indicated with a green dot against their name. In the above screenshot, you can see that Diane Nyugen is currently on-call
The user who is called out will get notified instantly via Email and Push notification on the Squadcast mobile app
- Incident Notes support Markdown text format. Hence, images can be added as URLs or links
Adding Images to a Note
You can use the below syntax to add an image:
Editing or Deleting a Note
- One can Edit or Delete existing notes as well by clicking on the More icon corresponding to a particular note which would appear on hovering over the note
Starring and Un-starring Notes
- Star important notes by clicking on the Star icon as shown in the screenshot above beside the More option
- When you have a bulk of Notes and want to simply take a look at all the important, Starred Notes, you can do so by clicking on View Starred Notes
- To un-star, click on the Star icon for that note
- Starred notes would be captured in the Incident Activity Timeline. Clicking on the starred note activity in the Incident Activity Timeline will take you to that specific note in the Incident Notes section
(1) What actions can be taken by the different User Types?
- Note Creation: Any user can add a note
- Note Updation: Only the author of the note can update it
- Note Deletion: Only the author of the note can delete it
- Note Starring and Un-starring: Any user can star/un-star any note
(2) Can I add and star notes from the Squadcast mobile app?
Yes, users can add, edit, delete, star and unstar notes for an incident from the Squadcast mobile app.
To do so:
- Login to your Organization on the Squadcast mobile app and open an incident
- “@” mention a user and/or add notes
- A long press on a note authored by you will give you an option to star, un-star, edit and delete it. A long press on a note authored by others will give you an option to only star, un-star it
- View only starred notes by switching to Starred Notes tab
(3) Can I call Stakeholders in the Notes section and notify them?
Yes, you can “@” mention Stakeholders and they would be notified for the note via Email and Push.