This document will help you integrate OSNexus QuantaStor with Squadcast.
OSNexus QuantaStor is a unified Software-Defined Storage platform designed to scale up and out to make storage management easy while reducing overall enterprise storage costs.
Route detailed alerts from OSNexus QuantaStor to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate OSNexus QuantaStor with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using OSNexus QuantaStor as an Alert Source
(1) From the navigation bar on the left, select Services. Pick the applicable Team from the Team-picker on the top. Next, click on Alert Sources for the applicable Service
(2) Search for OSNexus QuantaStor from the Alert Source drop-down and copy the Webhook URL
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
In OSNexus QuantaStor: Create a Squadcast webhook alert
(1) In the dashboard, click on Alert Manager
(2) Click on ITSM Integrations. In the Module drop-down, select squadcast. Paste the previously copied Squadcast Webhook URL and click on Add
(3) Click on Generate Test Alert and click OK
This should generate a test alert from OSNexus QuantaStor, in turn triggering an incident in Squadcast. This will confirm that the integration is working as expected.
That’s it, you are good to go! Whenever an alert is generated in OSNexus QuantaStor, an incident will be created in Squadcast. When the alert is closed in OSNexus QuantaStor, the corresponding incident will automatically get resolved in Squadcast as well.