Users can use their G Suite credentials to sign in to Squadcast via Single Sign-On (SSO).
This page describes how to add Squadcast to G Suite and configure SSO-support with SAML 2.0.
- Log in to your admin.google.com account with your G Suite account.
- Select Apps on the main page.
Note for Mobile App Users:
Today, SSO does not work with our mobile applications.
- Select SAML apps
- Create a new application by clicking the "+" button and then select SETUP MY OWN CUSTOM APP
- Download Certificate, copy SSO URL and keep them safe and click NEXT.
- Enter the Application name as Squadcast and optionally provide a description and upload the logo and click NEXT.
- Login to app.squadcast.com and go to the Integrations tab and click the Integrate button under SSO and select the Google tab.
- Click Show configuration guide for Google and copy the ACS URL displayed.
- Go back to the Google custom app and in the Service Provider Details page and paste the copied ACS URL in both the ACS URL and Entity ID fields. Also select Name ID as Basic Information and Primary Email and Name ID Format as EMAIL and click Next.
- In the Attribute Mapping page, click the ADD NEW MAPPING button and add the following attributes and click Finish and OK in the next popup.
Required first_name | Basic Information | First Name last_name | Basic Information | Last Name email | Basic Information | Primary Email Optional - For overwriting the default configured role (choose 1) role | Custom Attribute | Admin role | Custom Attribute | User role | Custom Attribute | Stakeholder
By default Squadcast lets you create a user via SSO with a configured default Role ( Admin / User / Stakeholder) in the SSO screen as shown below but it can be overwritten by sending an optional custom field
role and it's value along with the above attribute.
For members trying to log into Squadcast through SSO who aren't already added to the Squadcast platform, will be added to the platform by default as Users.
- Enable Squadcast application for all users.
- Go back to the Squadcast Google SSO page and paste the SSO URL we have obtained from Step 5 above in the SAML 2.0 Endpoint text box and the certificate details in the X.509 Certificate field. Configure other options like the default User role and make sure to check the Provision new users on first login checkbox and click Save.
You can enable the toggle button on the top to Enable Google SSO for Squadcast and you are good to go and your users will be able to use Google SSO to log in to Squadcast without needing a password.
Updated about 8 hours ago