This document will help you integrate Bugsnag with Squadcast.
Bugsnag is an error monitoring and reporting software with best-in-class functionality for mobile apps notifying users of bugs, errors & more. Route detailed error alerts from Bugsnag to the right users in Squadcast.
How to integrate Bugsnag with Squadcast
In Squadcast: Using Bugsnag as an Alert Source
(1) On the Sidebar, click on Services.
(2) Select an existing Service or Add service
(3) Click the corresponding Alert Sources
(4) Search for Bugsnag from the Alert Source drop down menu and copy the webhook
For an Alert Source to turn active (indicated by a green dot - Receiving alerts against the name of the Alert Source in the drop-down), you can either generate a test alert or wait for a real-time alert to be generated by the Alert Source.
An Alert Source is active if there is a recorded incident via that Alert Source for the Service in the last 30 days.
In Bugsnag: Create a Squadcast webhook for error alerts
(1) In the app, within your Project, click on the Settings icon on the top right and select Project Settings
(2) Scroll down a little to the Integrations and email section and select Data forwarding
(3) Select Webhook to configure the custom webhook
(4) Paste the Webhook URL copied from Squadcast under Webhook URL. Test the configuration by clicking on Test. This would generate a test error alert which would create a test incident in Squadcast
(5) Once the integration is verified, click on Save. Verify that the newly configured webhook is listed under Configured integrations
(6) Click on the Webhook to configure when you should be notified for errors by enabling different options in the Notify me when section. Here is Bugsnag’s documentation to understand what each of these settings mean and when you would be notified
Except for "This project has a spike in errors" and "This project has a new release", every other "Notify me when" type is supported.
That is it, you are now good to go! Whenever an error alert is triggered in Bugsnag, an incident will be automatically created in Squadcast based on your Notification rules in Bugsnag. Whenever, an error is resolved in Bugsnag, the corresponding incident is auto-resolved in Squadcast as well.